Monday 10 March 2014

What do you do when you can't be bothered by that annoying phone call?

It was a summer's day a few years ago, and I got a phone call from someone called "Andy" who was so obviously not British.

As much as I was tempted to tell the guy that I was also called Andy, I chose not to.

Instead I just let Andy talk.  Apparently he was trying to save money on my energy bill.

Andy asked if I was with British Gas, to which I replied no.

Then the conversation went something like this- Eon?  No.  EDF Energy?  No.  Npower?  No.  Scottish Power?  No.

So Andy piped up with the question, "Well who are you a customer of?"

I informed Andy that I was a customer of Quacki Gas!

As I am sure one could imagine, Andy was totally ecstatic and prepared for my answer.  In fact he replied, "Erm, sorry what are they called again?"

So I reconfirmed the words Quacki Gas.

At this point Andy sought clarification that I was actually the bill payer.  When I confirmed that I was, all Andy could do was say his goodbye.  RESULT!




On that note, this is the final post of the WattoTalk Blog.  It has been an enjoyable six months.  I will now be moving on to new blogging interests.  Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment